Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Thank You, NBA


Thank you NBA, Commissioner Stern, Stu Jackson, whoever it was who finally issued a $10,000 fine to Bruce Bowen for kicking Ray Allen in the back. Bowen has gotten away with these kinds of things before and the NBA finally recognized the problem and did something about it. I just hope the NBA and the officials keep an eye on him in the future. Basketball is very physical, I know, but defense is not about kicking, scratching, and elbowing your opponents. Maybe junior high girls do it when the refs aren't looking, but professional basketball players are closely monitored and should play at a higher level than that. I support Ray Allen on this one:

"It's just dirty basketball. It's plain, outright, dirty basketball. You guys have chronicled our battles over the last couple of years and I don't mind the competition, someone going at me on both ends of the floor. ... But when guys start throwing elbows and kick you when you're down, that's dirty basketball and I don't respect guys like that."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Lauren said...

I completely agree with Bill Guerin's cousin on this one. Though I was disturbed to read your comment about junior high girls basketball. I played junior high basketball Will, and resent the generalization you are making. We weren't catty...we were actually quite civilized. Except for that bitch Suzie the Moose who steamrolled me and broke my foot.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Will said...

You're right. No offense to any particular group of players. 99.9% of all basketball players, male and female, of all age groups, are much more respectable than Bruce Bowen...and Suzie the Moose!

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Mara said...

i dont know what the fuck ur talking about, but the reference to highschool girls was funny. right on

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home